1.24.2007

I am Cacophoenix

I am Cacophoenix. I am an intelligent, creative, confident, strong and incredibly talented person. I have a thirst for knowledge and love learning about new places, people and things. I am outgoing and charming. I can write well, and draw well. I am good in literature, history, science and arts. I have a good memory, which serves me well in quiz competitions. I have a mind of my own and can be stubborn at times. I am passionate about a lot of things and tend to follow my passions. I am my own person. I am a little quirky, a little silly, a little romantic, a little hot tempered and a little imaginative. I am a Piscean and am incredibly vain about it. I love my life and I love who I am. And this is how I want to be thought as.

It ticks me off when people judge me by my looks or how tall I am or how fat I am. I hate being assessed by how I look. I hate being judged period. It is difficult I realise, to live now without ever being judged or having to judge. I judge sometimes too and get upset about my erroneous conclusions when a person reveals to be more than what I saw. Some of my best friends are the ones who I judged too hastily. There has to be a certain assessment of looks for certain occasions, I can live with that. It is however a different thing altogether when people who know you to a reasonable extent look at how you are rather than what you are. I am at fault too, I let myself be carried away in opposing directions depending on what was said. What I have written above is kind of a recommendation letter for myself, I want to know that there is more to me than what people see. I will come back and read it every time I am down, every time I feel incompetent or every time I feel like taking a swing at people who are expected to know better. Everyone should do this. I don't feel narcissistic saying I am smart. I know I am, I can be quite an idiot at times, but saying I am intelligent just helps me do better at my job, because I know I wouldn't accept anything less from me. I know what my capabilities are and I have to have a certain degree of confidence in them. Go on. write 8 sentences about yourself that tell who you really are. Not physical features. And see how you feel at the end of it. I don't want to feel miserable every time someone says with a critical tone that I have gained weight or my face looks weary and pale. I know me and I will not let myself be judged like that.

4 Borrowed my shoes:

karmic said...

Hey if that works for you that is cool. Don't let people get to you and it always takes us a while to figure others out too.
I don't let people get to me, maybe for a bit but nothing that will affect me for too long. Guess is self -preservation.or something.

Zoya said...

:) You are a good motivator and a kind soul too...add that to your description of yourself. I so needed this advice today ! Thank you again...I am now going off to do this exercise for myself. Ciao !

Cacophoenix said...

@ Sanjay: Well I am still learning that self preservation bit. I have been more self destructive till now, so I am hanging in there...

Cacophoenix said...

@ Zoya: Hehe...Thanks. I cna motivate myself to do just about anything though. You are most welcome. It is fun to find motivation in the unlikelist of places and happiness in hte most mundane stuff.